This little home

August 16, 2013

Jody and I purchased this itty bitty space awile back. We moved in April 1st of this year....so 5months ago. And guess what? I hate it. WAIT let me clarify that rude and obnoxious statement. I LOVE our space, I love how cozy it is, I love how we have made it our own, I love that it is our first "purchased" home. What I am finding very difficult about our itty bitty space is the location. We are located approx. 15min from downtwon by car...now to those living in bigger cities(the ones I only dream of!) your thinking Im crazy and practically live downtown, but no sir! We live in farm country and its the worst.  Previously we were living right downtown and rode bicycles and walked to our favourite resaturants and movies...now we drive. I miss running downtown, walking downtown and the genereal convience of being close to civilization. So dramatic I know. (We plan to keep our condo and rent it out, so we arent completely crazy)
I am currently in search mode for a new place. Not because I hate our current tiny space but because I detest where our tiny space is located. So, before we move and pull things off the walls and forget what it really looked like I thought Id share the space and what we've done to make it our own. Its quite charming really...maybe i can pull a bewtiched and twitch it downtown? hmm...


When you walk in the front door... you can see the front door in this picture. Closet right across from it. We ripped out the itty bitty kitchen cabinets above and replaced with open shelving-I love! I added some ikea details such as my utensil rack.
 The other side of the kitchen! We needed more counter/storage space so we redid this dresser into a kitchen island. My favorite piece ever. The door behind is to the bathroom and the curtain in the left corner is the washer/dryer. This pic is a little old as the chalkboard is now hung (leaning against the wall) and I put an adorable kitchen art over the electrical wall box.
 The bathroom....we didnt do much in the bathroom besides paint and put up the shelves behind the toilet.
 The "bedroom"...this is to the left of the washer/dryer closet (see pic 2). We built a bed that is raised about 5 feet off the ground to provide TONS of storage(by moving the long dresser). We climb up with the vintage step chair :)
 Living room. I like this space quite alot. When we moved Jody insisted upon having his record collection...all 2,000 of them..enter ikea expedit! I love this solution and would definitely do it again when we do move.
 this last picture kinda bums me out. We actually put up some beautiful "pinterest-esc" shelving above the window..and again I took this before that actually happened.

Thats the space..the whole space, all 373sq ft of it. and to clarify when I say "we" I actually mean my dad...hes the handy one..not me..not Jody!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ships that sing blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger