Self compassion

August 19, 2013

This summer has been the summer of self compassion for me. I was asked a few weeks ago If I had ever heard of the term "self compassion". My answer was yes, of course I had..who hadn't? The next question was a little bit harder-am I compassionate towards myself. My answer was no. Plain and simple, Ive gone through life thinking I was a product of not good enough, not pretty enough..you get the picture. Poor me, right? How many of us look in the mirror every morning wishing they could change what they see? I would say probably most of us. Ive gone through life hating what I saw in that reflection. hating the way my nose curves slightly to the right, my thick thighs, my small chest,the freckles on my face, and oh yes I could go on. Ive been working my way through that list one by one this summer. This time Im going to learn to love every inch of me-nose,thighs and all.
There will be days when I just want to stay in my pjs and watch movies all day long...and I think its ok...at least Its ok in my books.

tank:urban planet
skirt:joe fresh
bangle:aldo
necklace:thrifted

1 comments:

  1. I totally feel you. I love this post, along with all of your others. Thanks for sharing this with the world!

    ReplyDelete

ships that sing blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger